Here’s a small update. I’ve been working on the shoulders, figuring out what works and what doesn’t. So here’s what I did last night while waiting for some other stuff to dry. May I present… THE GLOVES!
They are probably one of the easiest pieces to make. I used some old gloves for the base. The claws are made from wonder flex cut into little triangles, heated (I just dipped them into a mug of warm water to make the plastuc bendable) then folded into shape. The ends are pressed together to create a nice point. Wonderflex, when warm, sticks to itself with just a little pressure.
If I was smart I would have painted the inside and outside before sticking them to the gloves. But I’m not so I didn’t!! Th claws are glued on with hotglue.
After this I wore the gloves and painted them with simple acrylic paint and some 3D puffy paint for the raised design. I also painted the claws and made some tiny armor pieces with squares of wonderflex for the knuckles.
Once it was dry I glued the little squares onto the gloves and the end result is this…
That’s a bad picture… so here’s another bad picture to make up for the first!
During my research I found a really coll program called WoW Viewer that allows you to import models from WoW and spin them around or pose them. It’s very helpful to see the details of a character up close. Here’s a screenshot of the program:
I don’t know what else the program can do since I only played around with it a little butI highly reccomend this to anyone making a World of Warcraft based costume. It helps so much when trying to find reference for a specific character.