So the process to make her shoulder pads is reeeeaaalllly simple. First, make a mess. Us tape, craft foam, hot glue, the works. Then, try to somehow mold this mess into an almost rounded, armor-like shape. After that, use more tape to make more of a mess and cover any holes that might exist and to make the surface smooth(ish).
If you’ve done it right it should look something like this:
Now you’ll want to cover this ugly-ness with some fabric.
I used some left over ribbon from the Sylvanas cape to make a border around the shoulders.
And there you have it! From mess to somewhat less of a mess… easy 1,2,3 shoulder pads.
Next up, the cape!
There really isn’t much to do to make a nice hoodless cape.
Selecting the right fabric is pretty important. Not just with color, but with weight. If the fabric is too heavy it won’t hang right. I choose a very light, see-through fabric. Two yards should be enough. I spread it out on the floor, then laid down, lining the upper edge with my neck. I wanted the cape to reach about my mid calf, so I made a mark right at that point. From there the fabric was folded in half (hotdog style as they used to say in preschool) and then cut to the right shape. Added some holes and whatnot and it became this:
All that is left to do is clean up the cuts and holes, and maybe sew along the top rim so it doesn’t fray. I’ll have to see how prone this fabric is to fraying and if necessary coat the edges with a product that specifically prevents it (clear nail polish works as well).
Getting so close to being done! But one more little thing for today. Alexstrasza has a black choker. For this I cut a thin strip of black fabric, measured it around my neck, then attached velcro on the ends.